Saturday, April 29, 2023

Big 3 Ideas Video




 

5 comments:

  1. Hello Leah! I completely agree with you in regard to providing a way for people to understand you and do your weekly check ins so everyone can feel welcomed and stay in touch with each other. Being present is super important as well because if you are not, I feel like there is no relationship that can form. You did a really good job explaining! P.S I love your background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Leah:) I really like how you highlighted how to make your online community a safe space. I really agree with your viewpoint on that. Often times I feel really out of touch when taking online courses. I feel like it is a very important takeaway to know to to create a space where your students do not feel like that. I definitely side with you on using those methods to create that space. Overall this video was very thorough and you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leah, I enjoyed watching your video on three big ideas from this course. One thing in particular I liked was how you really want to create a safe space for students, so they feel comfortable sharing ideas and asking questions. I've never heard of Fun Brain before so I'm going to check it out and see if it's something I might use in the future myself! One question I have for you is which one of these three ideas do you think will be the most helpful for you in the future?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Leah! Creating a community was the first of my three ideas as well. I believe this is so important for students to not feel alone and isolated in an online course and it's also something I struggled with when I started online courses. I also liked your point about online resources for teachers to use. I think the best resources we got to learn about were the AR and VR tools. I think those tools would really help instructors make the content more fun and engaging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Leah! Creating a community was not one of mine but I love that you refer to it as a "safe space". It is hard for students and normal for them to feel "alone". But it is super important to be involved and there for the students even though they are not in person. I also like the weekly check ins! Personally I love that and it helps me.

    ReplyDelete

Big 3 Ideas Video